Continuing Education Hours
24 Contact Hours
6 Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques, Training & Practice (TTP)
- Teaching Methodology ™
- Anatomy & Physiology (AP)
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics (YPLE)
This course is designed for yoga instructors who wish to learn to teach Yin Yoga, or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga. This training will explore how the practice of Yin Yoga can strengthen your mind-body connection through a deeper knowledge of this yoga style. In addition, this training also provides a comprehensive understanding of the yin yoga format; its effects on subtle anatomy, how to teach and sequence the basic yin poses and how to assist students in finding an appropriate level of safe practice.
During this training, we will explore the following topics through lectures, workshops and hands-on practice:
- Introduction to the philosophy and practice of Yin Yoga
- The principles of the Yin Yoga practice
- Benefits of the practice
- Yin yoga postures: how to cue in and out, what are the target areas, how to prop
- The art of active propping: to teach our students how to stay on the edge, or even shift the target areas
- How to sequence a Yin Yoga class
- Yin Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: difference between Tension and Compression; and study of Fascia and Joints
- Energetic meridians
- Communication: How to express yourself and safely guide a Yin Yoga class (tone of voice, cues, guiding in/out of postures, themes)
- Develop the tools to facilitate a practice that leans towards holistic health and wellness
- Practice teaching a Yin Yoga class
As part of the training, you will:
- Receive a manual that outlines the content and the topics covered in this course.
- Complete an assignment to reinforce learning and to deepen a personal experience.
- Participate in workshops and group discussions to explore our understanding of the different subjects.
- Have opportunities to practice teaching
- Receive a certificate upon completion of final assignment and 30 Continuing Education Credits through the Yoga Alliance (24 contact + 6 non-contact hours)
The course will be taught in ENGLISH.
This training will be taught by Jonathan Rivas, please find more about Jonathan here
Price: € 480,-
sign-up/payment here: https://www.eversports.at/widget/w/1ruz2j?event=333284&type=workshop
Additional Schedule Details:
Venue: Feelgoodstudio, Burggasse 31, 1070 Wien
Saturday, October 30th — 10:00–5:30 pm
Sunday, October 31st — 10:00–5:30 pm
Monday (public holiday), November 1st — 10:00–5:30 pm.
Each day will have a one-hour lunch break. In addition, there will be 6 hours of non-contact content in the form of readings and an assignment. Full attendance is required in order to obtain a Certificate of Completion.
More Details and sign-up/payment here: https://www.eversports.at/widget/w/1ruz2j?event=333284&type=workshop